Financial services executive search
City & Capital Headhunters employs the very best search and selection techniques to guarantee no stone is left unturned in pursuit of your next financial services appointment or career move.
As an executive search company offering solutions to both clients and candidates, we deliver refined and unlimited access to the hidden job market and candidate pools – unearthing employees and employers that may have otherwise remained out of reach.
We utilise our own experiences as financial service professionals to support clients and candidates. This ensures tailored introductions are made – for mutually beneficial appointments – to match business goals and career objectives.
The Headhunting Process
1. Identify a needClients with a pivotal role to fill understand the need to act with discretion when taking a business to the next level. As such, key appointments are best handled by a third-party in order to uphold confidentiality and integrity.
2. Compile a briefA discussion will take place over the phone or in person to obtain a clear role brief and understand your long-term ambitions. We’ll define exactly what you’re looking for from a candidate, and compile a detailed brief in line with any growth plans.
3. Begin the searchWe’ll check if we already have the CV of anyone who may fit the bill – and who we’ve interviewed in the past – to see if they’re still looking for a new role.
4. The hidden job marketYou might have your eye on someone in particular, or know the kind of candidate you’re looking to meet. We understand that not all potential hires will be advertising their interest in new roles, so we’ll make discreet introductions to establish their interest.
5. Initial screeningWe undertake a detailed two-stage interview process with any potential candidates. If we’re happy that a candidate fits the brief, we can also conduct psychometric testing at your request before sending the final shortlist – plus any other relevant notes – onto you for review.
6. Client-side interviewsOnce you’ve made your own shortlist, we’ll handle the interview arrangements and manage the process – no matter how many candidates you’d like to meet.
7. Contract negotiationWhen it comes to making a formal job offer, negotiating contracts and securing the ideal candidate, we can take care of all post-interview discussions in order to secure your chosen recruit
The Headhunting Process
1. Initial discussionOnce you’ve made the decision to look for that next career move, we are confident our experienced team can help. Following an initial telephone call to establish what you’re looking for from your next employer, we’ll review your CV and discuss a wishlist of dream appointments.
2. Follow-up interviewWe’ll then invite you to an interview with one of The City & Capital Group team, to have a more granular discussion around your career history, and your long-term employment ambitions. You might have a clear focus on where you want to be, or look to us to help guide your next move.
3. Confidential profileAll the information we’ve gathered will then be used to compile a high-level summary of who you are, what experience you can offer, and your short and long-term goals. You’ll sign off the copy and there will be nothing in there which can be used to identify you.
4. Explore existing rolesFirstly, we’ll explore the openings we’re already aware of, which might be suitable for you. If none of those seem appropriate, we’ll then delve deeper into the hidden job market and see if any companies have similar positions available, or may be looking to create one.
5. Discuss with youWhen a firm expresses interest in hearing more about you, we’ll check-in to see if you’re happy for that particular person or company to see your entire CV, as well as other personal information which may be relevant to the vacancy.
6. Arrange an interviewIf – following a review of your CV – the company wants to speak to you further, we’ll handle the interview arrangements on your behalf.
7. Job offerShould the meeting go well and you were to be offered a position, we can help take care of any contractual obligations, helping with a smooth transition into your new role.
We are better... Here’s why
Thorough interview process
Access to the hidden job market
Access to the hidden candidate market
Bespoke end-to-end service
Download our latest guide
We’re proud of our knowledgeable team and their decades of experience. So much so, that we want to pass that industry know-how onto you.
Drawing upon our own personal experiences, as well as feedback from market research conducted across the financial services industry, our library of straight-talking guides aims to offer further insight into the sector.